Join a world leader in the instrumentation industry!
Winters Instruments is a leading, global manufacturer of industrial instrumentation. Our products are brought to market by an extensive network of distribution partners and are trusted by some of the world’s most recognized Fortune 500 companies. Winters Instruments currently operates from 9 worldwide offices. Winters is a 2019 winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program.
Winters Instruments is currently looking for an experienced Production Supervisor for our manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and able to ensure that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process. The role requires the ability to manage 10 employees and monitor employees and organize workflow. The production supervisor is expected to be hands on involved in the workflow process and willing to roll up his or her sleeves from time to time and lead by example.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Set daily/weekly/monthly goals, communicating them effectively to employees
– Active contributor/technician to the manufacturing process
– Organize workflow and delegate by assigning responsibilities and formulates schedules
– Maintain target manufacturing lead times
– Inspect products prior to shipment to ensure accuracy
– Optimize day-to-day activities and improve production efficiencies, including ability to spot issues in efficiency/productivity and suggest improvements
– Oversee employees and coach them effectively on achieving goals/targets
– Monitor production output and check for compliance with specifications
– Generate and submit reports on performance and progress
– Ensure warehouse and manufacturing departments are organized and well maintained
– Ensure compliance with safety guidelines and company standards
– High School Diploma required (degree in technical engineering or relevant field is preferred or proven mechanical aptitude)
– Strong mechanical aptitude & problem solving abilities
– Proven work experience as a Production Supervisor
– Knowledge of various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
– Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
– Organizational and leadership abilities
– Strong work ethics, self-motivated and results driven
– Excellent problem-solving skills
If you are looking for a stimulating work environment with a well respected, global manufacturer then this is the position for you! Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to:
Please quote (Production Supervisor – Toronto) in the subject line.
Candidates are expected to adhere to guiding principles of our Core Values
– Sense of urgency
– Integrity in what we do
– Pursuit of excellence
Winters Instruments thanks all applicants, however only those meeting our requirements will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS or AGENCIES ACCEPTED.