Join a world leader in the instrumentation industry!
Winters Instruments is a leading global manufacturer of industrial instrumentation. Our products are brought to market by an extensive network of distribution partners, in over 80 countries, who share our successes of being trusted by some of the world’s most recognized Fortune 500 companies and leading municipal organizations. As we cultivate our position as a key international manufacturer of pressure and temperature instrumentation, we are looking to add to our dynamic team of highly successful people.
Winters Instruments is currently looking for an IT Specialist. The position is based in Toronto and offers a very competitive compensation package.
The acceptable candidate must be a team player, highly motivated and possess a positive attitude. They must be able to perform intricate work on a variety of products to produce consistently high-quality work while meeting deadlines. Customer service is key for all Winters employees and the potential candidate must demonstrate the desire to provide the best service possible to ensure the success of the Winters team. This position offers the candidate a wide scope of work in IT. It is a great position for those who wish to grow, learn, and advance their career in the field of IT.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Respond to Helpdesk inquiries, log calls in the services ticketing system, and assist users in problem resolution.
• Setup and maintain workstations, phones, printers, and cell phones.
• Administer accounts in Office 365, Active Directory, Great Plains 2018 and SharePoint.
• Maintain hardware inventory and user allocation.
• Purchase servers, cell phones, desktops, laptops, and printers from our IT vendors
• Liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors
• Aid in maintaining networking infrastructure.
• Setup backup software on PCs and provide support for VPN.
• Fulfill hardware and software provisioning requests
• Execute onboarding and offboarding IT procedures
• Participate in day-to-day IT operations
• Participate in IT projects
• Manage IT assets
• Manage user accounts
• Manage system access privileges
• Execute IT and information security processes, policies and procedures
• Maintain information security compliance Qualifications
• Experience installing and configuring laptops, mobile devices and peripherals
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows and commonly used Microsoft 365 apps
• General knowledge of commonly used enterprise systems (e.g., Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, networking, cloud computing) is an asset
• CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent is an asset
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of staff; experience in customer service environment is an asset
If you are looking for a stimulating work environment with a well respected, global manufacturer then this is the position for you! Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote (IT Support Specialist) in the subject line.
One of: Canada’s Best Managed Companies
Candidates are expected to adhere to guiding principles of our Core Values
• Sense of urgency
• Integrity in what we do
• Pursuit of excellence
Winters Instruments thanks all applicants, however only those meeting our requirements will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS or AGENCIES ACCEPTED.